Are you an international student dreaming of studying at a creative and innovative university in the UK? If you have a passion for social justice, cultural diversity, and global citizenship, then the Goldsmiths University International Scholarship is the opportunity for you. Goldsmiths, University of London, aims to attract and support talented and motivated students from different countries and backgrounds.
This article will provide an overview of the benefits, types, eligibility criteria, application process, deadlines, and tips for this scholarship.
Benefits of the Goldsmiths University International Scholarship
The Goldsmiths University International Scholarship aims to help you achieve your academic and career goals by providing financial assistance, academic excellence, and global exposure. Here are the key benefits:
1. Tuition fee waive
Depending on the scholarship type and value, you can receive a partial or full waiver of your tuition fees for your chosen course. For instance, the International Response Scholarship covers 100% of tuition fees for any undergraduate or postgraduate course offered by Goldsmiths. The Goldsmiths International Undergraduate Scholarships offer awards of £2,000 and £5,000 towards first-year tuition fees.
2. Cash award
Some scholarships also provide a cash award that can be used for living expenses, travel costs, or other needs. For example, the International Response Scholarship offers £8,825 allowance for each year of study.
3. Accommodation fee waiver
Certain scholarships cover your accommodation fee for a single study bedroom in Goldsmith’s residence halls (up to £200 per week). This ensures a comfortable and convenient living environment while saving you money.
4. Academic excellence
Goldsmiths is known for its high-quality teaching and research facilities, interdisciplinary curriculum, and supportive academic community. It ranks among the top 25 universities in the UK for research quality. You will have access to professional development opportunities, networking events, and career guidance.
5. Global exposure
Join a diverse and multicultural student body representing over 140 countries. Goldsmiths offers international activities such as exchange programs, field trips, conferences, and workshops, providing valuable insights into global issues and perspectives.
Field of Study, Student Level, and Scholarship Coverage
The Goldsmiths University International Scholarship covers a wide range of fields of study. From arts, humanities, and social sciences to computing, media, and design, Goldsmiths offers various courses such as:
- BA (Hons) Anthropology
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- MA Creative Writing
- MSc Data Science
- BA (Hons) Fine Art
- MA Human Rights
- BSc (Hons) Psychology
- MA Social Work
- BA (Hons) Sociology
- MSc Digital Journalism
Please note that the scholarship is only applicable for studying at Goldsmiths in London and cannot be used at other universities or institutions. The scholarship duration depends on the course length, typically ranging from three to four years for undergraduate courses and one to two years for postgraduate courses.
Types and Examples of the Scholarship
The Goldsmiths University International Scholarship offers various scholarships catering to students. Here are some examples:
1. International Response Scholarship
This scholarship covers 100% of tuition fees for any undergraduate or postgraduate course offered by Goldsmiths. It also provides an £8,825 allowance for each year of study and an accommodation fee waiver for a single study bedroom in Goldsmith’s halls of residence (up to £200 per week). It is specifically open to students with refugee status in the UK or an active application for asylum in the UK.
2. Goldsmiths International Undergraduate Scholarships
These scholarships offer up to 35 awards of £2,000 and £5,000 towards first-year undergraduate tuition fees. They are available to students with an offer of admission for a full-time undergraduate course at Goldsmiths (excluding Fine Art, Design, and Fine Art Extension programs). Applicants should demonstrate enthusiasm and the ability to be excellent international student ambassadors.
3. Goldsmiths International Scholarships in the UK
These fully funded scholarships are for undergraduate and graduate studies at Goldsmiths. They are open to students from any country who have an offer of admission for a full-time course at Goldsmiths. Applicants should demonstrate academic excellence and leadership potential3.
The eligibility criteria for the Goldsmiths University International Scholarship may vary depending on the scholarship type and value. However, some general criteria typically apply:
- You must have applied and received an offer of admission for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at Goldsmiths.
- You must meet the academic and English language requirements for your chosen course.
- You must not be receiving any other scholarship or funding from Goldsmiths or other sources that cover more than 50% of your tuition fees.
- You must be willing and able to act as an ambassador for both Goldsmiths and your country.
Some scholarships may have additional criteria based on nationality, region, background, financial need, or other factors. Always check the specific criteria for each scholarship before applying.
Required Documents and Application Process
The required documents and application process for the Goldsmiths University International Scholarship vary depending on the scholarship type and value. Here are some common steps:
- Apply for your chosen course through the Goldsmiths website or UCAS (for undergraduate courses) by the relevant deadline.
- Check your eligibility for scholarships using the Scholarships Finder on the Goldsmiths website.
- Submit the scholarship application form and required documents by the scholarship deadline.
- Documents typically include a copy of your passport or national identity card, academic transcripts and certificates, English language test results (if applicable), a personal statement explaining your motivation and suitability for the scholarship, a reference letter, and a CV or resume highlighting your achievements.
- Wait for the outcome of your application, which may take several weeks or months.
- If offered a scholarship, accept or decline within the specified timeframe and inform Goldsmiths of any other scholarships or funding received.
- Prepare for your arrival and enrollment at Goldsmiths, including visa arrangements, travel, accommodation, and orientation activities.
Most undergraduate courses have a deadline of 15 January 2024 for courses starting in September 2024. Most postgraduate courses have a deadline of 31 July 2024 for September 2024 entry. However, check the specific deadlines for your chosen course on the Goldsmiths website or UCAS.
Most scholarship applications have a deadline of 30 June 2024 for September 2024 entry. However, certain scholarships may have different deadlines, so verify the specific deadlines for each scholarship.
The deadline for Goldsmiths International Scholarships in the UK 2024 is 18 February 2024 for September 2024 entry.
Consider these tips to enhance your application:
- Conduct thorough research on Goldsmiths, its courses, and available scholarships to make informed choices.
- Clearly and concisely express your motivations, interests, and goals in your personal statement.
- Be original and creative, showcasing your unique voice and passion for your field of study.
- Proofread and edit your application materials carefully, and seek feedback from others.
- Seek guidance from Goldsmiths’ admissions team, academic staff, current students, or alumni for valuable insights.
- Familiarize yourself with the UK education system, culture, and lifestyle to enhance your understanding and adaptability.
The Goldsmiths University International Scholarship presents an excellent opportunity for international students seeking undergraduate or postgraduate studies at a creative and innovative university in the UK. These scholarships offer various benefits, including tuition fee waivers, cash awards, accommodation fee waivers, academic excellence, and global exposure.
To apply, ensure you meet the eligibility criteria, submit the required documents, adhere to the application process, and meet the deadlines. Utilize the provided tips to strengthen your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! The scholarship is specifically designed for international students from different countries and backgrounds.
It’s easy! Just check out the eligibility criteria on the Goldsmiths website or contact their admissions team for more information.
Unfortunately, the scholarship is only applicable to studying at Goldsmiths in London. But hey, Goldsmiths is an amazing place to be!
You’ll generally need copies of your passport, academic transcripts, English language test results (if applicable), a personal statement, a reference letter, and a kick-ass CV or resume.
Absolutely! Do your research, be clear and concise in your application, show your originality and creativity, proofread like a boss, and seek advice and guidance whenever you need it.
Totally! The scholarship is open to international students from all over the world. No UK passport is required!
To be eligible, you gotta apply and get an offer for a full-time course at Goldsmiths. Oh, and make sure you meet the academic and English language requirements too!
Nope, sorry! The scholarship is only for studying at Goldsmiths in London. It’s like an exclusive club for Goldsmiths students only.
Well, it depends on the length of your course. If you’re doing an undergrad, it’s usually around three or four years. For postgrads, it’s usually one or two years.
You’ll need to gather up some docs like your passport or ID, academic transcripts, English language test results (if you had one), a personal statement, reference letter, and a CV or resume showing off your achievements. But hey, don’t forget to check the specific requirements for each scholarship you’re eyeing!
- Goldsmiths International Undergraduate Scholarships | Goldsmiths, University of London
- Goldsmiths International Scholarships in UK 2023 (Fully Funded) (opportunitiespedia.com)