If you’ve ever wanted to attend one of the best institutions in the world without having to worry about money, I’ve got some great news for you. Your aspirations can come true with a Clarendon Scholarship from Oxford University! These awards are open to graduate students worldwide, no matter where they are from or what they want to study.
So get ready to rock your education while having a blast. See what the Clarendon Scholarships have in store for you by digging into the specifics!
Benefits of the Clarendon Scholarships at the University of Oxford (UK)
- No matter whatever subject or college you select at Oxford, you will get full financing for your course tuition and college fees.
- A sizeable payout each year for living expenses, at least £15,009 for 2023–24. You can afford your rent, food, travel, and other expenditures in Oxford with that amount.
- The chance to become a part of a multicultural and active community of more than 400 scholars representing many nations, fields of study, and backgrounds. Through a variety of events and activities run by Clarendon, you can network, work together, and socialize with them.
- Study at one of the top colleges in the world and benefit from access to top-notch faculty, facilities, and resources. Additionally, you can gain from Oxford’s extensive scholarly and cultural heritage.
- Become a member of a limited group of exceptional graduate students who are honored for their aptitude and achievement in the classroom. With a Clarendon scholarship, your resume and employment possibilities can improve.
Field Of Study, Student Level, The Scholarship Cover, Endorsed Universities, And Duration of Scholarship
Field of study
Any full-time or part-time Master’s or DPhil program at Oxford is open to applicants from all subject areas. There are no limitations on the subject matter.
Both new and returning students may apply to Clarendon. You must submit your application if you are a new student before the applicable January date for your program. If you are a continuing student, your faculty or department must suggest you.
Your whole course and college fees, as well as a grant for living expenses, are covered by the Clarendon scholarship. Depending on your situation, the grant may be larger, costing at least £15,009.
Only students who attend the University of Oxford may enroll at Clarendon. You can choose any college or resident hall in Oxford to use as your home and place of study.
Duration of the scholarship
Your time of fee liability, which is typically equal to the duration of your course, is covered by Clarendon. This translates to three to four years for DPhil courses and one to two years for Master’s courses for the majority of full-time programs. This is typically twice as long as a comparable full-time course for part-time courses.
Types of Clarendon Scholarships at The University of Oxford (UK)
The University of Oxford has two types of Clarendon Scholarships up for grabs:
1. Clarendon Scholarships
These scholarships are the best of the best. They cover all your tuition fees and give you some extra money for living expenses while studying. They are all about academic excellence and potential and are available for almost any graduate degree at Oxford.
2. Clarendon Fund Scholarships
These awards are only partially supported, so they cover your tuition but not your living costs. They are made for people from nations that really need financial assistance.
The good news is that Clarendon doesn’t require any additional submissions from you. Simply submit your application for your desired program at Oxford by the applicable January deadline, and Clarendon will automatically evaluate you.
You must, however, make sure that your course application is comprehensive and contains the following files:
- Personal statement: In your personal statement, you should discuss why you are motivated, interested in, and qualified to take the course, as well as how it links to your long-term objectives.
- Research proposal: You should describe your intended study topic, aims, approaches, and anticipated findings in your research proposal. Only research-focused programs like DPhil and MPhil include this as a requirement.
- Academic Accomplishments: Here, you should present documentation of your academic accomplishments, such as transcripts, degrees, awards, or publications.
- References: Include two or three letters of support from individuals who may comment on your academic potential and aptitude.
Academic excellence and potential are the primary criteria for admission to Clarendon. You must possess a first-class honors degree or its equivalent, along with a stellar academic record. Additionally, you must exhibit your research prowess, contribution to your field of study, and dedication to the course.
As long as you are enrolled in a Master’s or DPhil program at Oxford full-time or part-time, you are eligible to apply for Clarendon as a new or continuing student. Your country, place of residence, or field of study are not subject to any limitations.
Applying for the Clarendon Scholarships at the University of Oxford is simple. The actions to take to participate in this scholarship opportunity are listed below:
1. Register for a course.
You must first apply for a course at Oxford that you want to take. Complete your online application and check your course’s deadline (found on the course website). Remember to upload all the required files, including your reference list, research proposal, transcripts, and personal statement.
2. Be automatically given Clarendon consideration
The best aspect is that Clarendon doesn’t require a separate application, which is the finest part. You will be automatically considered for the scholarship if you meet the qualifying requirements and submit your course application before the deadline. Everyone has a fair chance, regardless of where they are from or the topics they are interested in.
3. Wait for the results.
After you’ve contributed, it’s time to relax and wait. Academic prowess and talent are the deciding factors in the Clarendon admissions process. Academics will examine your course application in your chosen field of study and decide whether you qualify for Clarendon.
Clarendon Scholarships at University of Oxford (UK) Deadlines
You don’t want to miss this deadline if you apply for your desired Oxford course. Make sure to submit your application by this date to be automatically considered for the Clarendon scholarship. The actual deadline varies depending on your course, but it usually falls in December or January.
This is when you’ll receive the news about whether you’ve been offered a Clarendon scholarship. Most scholarship offers are sent out by the end of April each year.
Keep an eye on your inbox because the Clarendon Fund Administrator will email you your scholarship offer letter and all the necessary details. If you haven’t heard back from them by mid-June, unfortunately, it means you haven’t been awarded a Clarendon scholarship this time.
Partnership Award Confirmation
This is the date when you’ll receive a funding breakdown letter providing details about your unique funding package. The letter will also specify any partnership awards you may have received. Partnership awards are additional funding sources that are matched to Clarendon scholars based on their eligibility and preferences.
You’ll also receive confirmation of your final college placement along with the funding breakdown letter. Expect to receive this exciting news sometime between April, May, or June.
Thanks to the Clarendon Scholarships, you can complete your graduate studies at Oxford with full funding and assistance. All you have to do to apply for them is submit your course application by the deadline and exhibit your academic excellence and potential.
If you have any questions or issues, visit Clarendon’s official website or contact the Clarendon Fund Administrator. In the meantime, you can leave a comment and share this post with your friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
Applying for the Clarendon Scholarships is pretty straightforward! Make sure you submit your application for your chosen course at Oxford by the deadline. You’ll automatically be considered for the Clarendon Scholarships if you meet the eligibility criteria.
The good news usually arrives by the end of April. That’s when most scholarship offers are sent out to deserving candidates. So keep an eye on your inbox around that time for an email from the Clarendon Fund Administrator with all the exciting details!
Unfortunately, no. Patience is key! The scholarship decisions are made and announced by the end of April. Until then, hang in there and wait for the official notification.
If you haven’t received any communication regarding the scholarship by mid-June, it’s safe to assume that you haven’t been awarded a Clarendon Scholarship this time around. Don’t worry, though! Other funding options and opportunities are available, so keep exploring and never give up.
- Oxford Clarendon Scholarships 2022 for International Students (fulbrightscholarship.net)
- Clarendon | University of Oxford